Individual and Collective Integration
The world is as we dream it; our thoughts, intentions, and actions affect our experience of reality and the world at large. Our level of consciousness therefore plays a vital role in determining our dreams and creations. As within, so without. Either we create unconsciously by chance or consciously by choice. The question then is: What is the level of our consciousness? And what are we choosing to dream and create?
The Massachusetts Republic is co-creating a new society, The Better World We Know In Our Hearts Is Possible, based on an understanding of the problems of our existing society and a vision of a new society based on the ideals of Rudolf Steiner's threefold social order, addressed on the Threefolding page, and the ideals of Integration addressed here.
Ideally, individuals and community members know how to integrate themselves, which includes:
- bringing sub-selves and individual community members into consensus, especially when experiencing fragmentation
- transcending egoic patterns
- being "whole and complete".
“No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.” - Albert Einstein
"If our inner work is great, our outer work will be great." - Meister Eckhart
To foster integration, we espouse the following Understandings, Protocols, and Practices:
The Golden Rule; All is One
The Gap represents the space between the percept and the concept; the distinction between what we experience, what the world gives us through our senses and perceptions, and our choice of understanding/interpretation, which affects who we are, what we experience, and what we create.
We are responsible for our interpretations as creators. Understanding the “Gap” is the basis for individual sovereignty (vs. being dictated by a fear-based culture).
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Viktor E. Frankl
Resource: The Work, by Byron Katie https://thework.com/instruction-the-work-byron-katie/
The Golden Rule; All is One
- The Golden Rule is the principle of treating others as one's self would wish to be treated; “Do unto others as you
would have them do unto you.”
- The Golden Rule is based on the following characteristics:
- Cause no harm, injury, nor loss.
- Common courtesy
- Respect the Differences - which is a practical expression of justice; is relational, involves acknowledging other, the
Gap, humility, awareness of dkdk (don't know don't know), accounting for well-reasoned objections, respecting
boundaries, others’ beliefs and approaches, cultures, etc.; acknowledging that we are never one thing, agreeing to
disagree, practicing NVC (non-violent communication) and active listening,… (Note: Respect is distinct from
allow.) Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_in_diversity
- Having an appreciation for our profound interconnectedness; All is One (We are thy neighbor. Ubuntu: "I am
because we are."; “I am because you are. You are because I am.”)
- The individual affects the community and the community affects the individual.
“A healthy social life is found only when, in the mirror of each soul, the whole community finds its reflection, and
when, in the whole community, the virtue of each one is living.” - Rudolf Steiner
Communication Protocols begin with understanding the Gap. (See above.)
The following are valuable communication tools:
- Sociocracy (based on sharing in the round, equivalence, and consent)
- Non-violent communication (NVC)
- The power of the interrupt (Not proceeding until each member is able to continue following the communication thread.)
We believe integration includes:
- Living in connection, balance, and harmony with all life, all our relations, including the natural world, through "right
relations" and "right livelihood".
- A primarily whole foods plant-based diet for the purpose of one’s health and well-being and the sustainability of the
The Hopi Elders' Prophecy of June 8, 2000, "We are the Ones We've Been Waiting For", communicated the following:
“You have been telling people that this is the Eleventh Hour, now you must go back and tell the people that this is the Hour. And there are things to be considered…
Where are you living?
What are you doing?
What are your relationships?
Are you in right relation?
Where is your water?
Know your garden.
It is time to speak your truth.
Create your community.
Be good to each other.
And do not look outside yourself for your leader.
...We are the ones we’ve been waiting for."
- Examples of additional practices:
- An understanding of and connection to our “higher self”, the “Transcendental I”
- An awareness/experience of our Oneness/Interconnectedness
- Remembering we are love, and it is love that will set us free. Love unites. (Fear separates.)
- Meditation to center ourselves and practice present moment awareness.
- Individual and Collective “Presencing” which can inspire “awakened doing”.
Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth https://shop.eckharttolle.com/products/a-new-earth-awakening-to-your-lifes-purpose/
Collective Presencing https://www.collectivepresencing.org/collective-presencing-the-new-paradigm-3-of-4/
- Abiding in the Awakened and Loving Heart
- Affirmations (Resource: https://www.louisehay.com/affirmations/) and Practicing Gratitude
- Indigenous practices/Earth-centered spirituality (council process, medicine wheel, shamanic journeying, soul
retrieval, sweat lodge, etc.)
Human nature is such that with consciousness and conscious choice, we could render obsolete the negative orientation of our institutions and society by being part of and investing in collaborative solutions that have enduring value.
We envision integrated individuals and communities deciding together what would be good and of value for the community and issuing money (the primary tool of the sovereign) to fund it. As individuals, our sustenance needs are taken care of and we receive the capital our capacities warrant to pursue our transcendent purpose and bring our service and contribution to expression.
This all requires a shift in consciousness, awareness, and understanding as well as the will to act in service to a high purpose and all that is possible in co-creating a new cultural paradigm, The Better World We Know In Our Hearts Is Possible! The world is as we dream it! Let’s dream a better dream!
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
“Small islands of coherence in a sea of chaos have the capacity to shift the entire system to a higher order.”
- Nobel Laureate Ilya Prigogine
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead
“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"We are here to be creators; We are here to infiltrate space with ideas and mansions of thought; We are here to make something of this life.” – Ramtha
“In my dream, the angel shrugged and said if we fail this time it will be a failure of imagination and then she placed the world gently in the palm of my hand.” - Brian Andreas
The following are valuable resources on individual and collective integration:
Ten Syllables https://www.tensyllables.org